From Own Spirit Festival we love that there are people like you interested in being part of the montage team. It is a fundamental piece to give life to the festival.
You must take into account the harsh working conditions that occur during this time due to the high temperatures of the summer season, the conditioning of the natural environment in which we find ourselves and the physical requirement of the activities that take place during assembly. It is important to prepare well physically and psychologically (sunscreen, hat to cover your head, rest, eat well, stay hydrated, etc).
But above all, think that you are about to be part of a wonderful, unique and transformative experience. You will share the space with professionals, artists and skilled people in different disciplines, with a lot of talent and an open and psychedelic mentality. You can express yourself artistically in freedom and at the same time you will get a great learning through team co-creation for a common goal. There are many people who come to collaborate for a week and then decide to stay throughout the whole construction process, feeling part of the project and the large Own Spirit family.
Below we explain the conditions, requirements and procedures to apply as a volunteer or volunteer in the previous stage of assembly of the festival.
¡Read all the information carefully and fill in the form at the bottom of the page!!.
If you have any questions, email to: [email protected]
The request can be made until May 15, 2020 through the web form below.
Once you have submitted the form to participate as a volunteer, you will receive an automatic response confirming that we have received your request. From that moment, you will have to wait for us to contact you. You will receive a response telling you if you have been selected before May 31, 2020.
When we have confirmed your participation and the dates on which you will collaborate (always within the availability that you have indicated on the form), you must inform the day and time of arrival and the means to get here: if you arrive in your own vehicle or if you need to be picked up in Alfarras (there are local buses from Lleida, except Sundays). There will be fixed days to pick up volunteers during the week and at specific times, we will inform you later on once your selection is confirmed. It is important that you know that you will have to adapt to these schedules.
We want you to understand that, by confirming your participation, we are counting on you in the work planning and we hope you take your commitment seriously. If you cannot attend for any reason, please notify us as soon as possible to reorganize.
The main tasks will be the preparation of breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner for workers and volunteers. For this you will have to prepare and cook the food, keep the kitchen and the warehouse clean and organized, receive the suppliers and organize the products that will arrive.
– Profile of the volunteer: with experience in cooking, dedicated, proactive and with initiative.
– Availability: at least 7 working days between 5th and 20th of April, or 15th of June and 20th of July
The main tasks to be carried out during the previous phase of construction are: make wooden structures, tool manipulation, hole digging, electricity and water installations, decorations, gardening and orchard work, transfer of heavy materials, assembly of tents, shadows and infrastructure of production, manipulation of organic materials, design and construction of furniture and lighting elements, construction of the enclosure fence, among others.
– Profile of the volunteer: people with skills for construction and decoration. Creative, passionate people, with a predisposition to work in a team, creative and proactive in meeting the needs of the construction process at all times. Preferably with experience in assembling events and festivals. People who want to learn and willingness to work hard, even if they do not have a specific experience in this area, are also welcome. There is a wide variety of tasks to perform, more or less qualified
– Availability: at least seven work days between June 15 and July 20
– Availability: In the form you must select the dates on which you want to collaborate, with a minimum of one week and maximum, during the entire construction period. If you cannot adjust exactly to the proposed dates, once selected, we can agree on a more personalized format.
– Entrance to the festival: as a volunteer or volunteer if you work for a minimum of 7 days in the previous stage of assembly, you will be entitled to the subscription that gives full access to the festival. If you want to collaborate for a longer time, you can do so by agreeing before the dates to which you commit. During the festival you will not have to work and you can enjoy the event. If you have previously purchased a ticket in any of the phases, you must inform the organization once your participation has been confirmed, in order to apply for the refund.
– Meals: if you complete the assigned tasks during the 7 days, you will have three meals a day. Otherwise, the organization will not be obliged to provide you with food. Access to meals is limited to the previous phase, and once the work days are over you will have to procure your own food.
– Travel: From the festival we do not cover travel expenses for the arrival or departure of volunteers. You must find a way to get to the site, or to Alfarras (there are several local buses from Lleida every day except Sundays), where fixed volunteer collection schedules will be established. The return to Alfarras will only be facilitated, in case the previous work ends days before the festival begins. If you leave once the event ends, you must find a way to do it on your own.
– Accommodation: You must bring your own camping equipment (tent, bag, van, caravan…) throughout your stay.
– Volunteer work: there will be a responsible person in charge of informing you of your tasks and work schedules, as well as the general functioning during those days. If you cannot do any of the shifts, you must inform them. It will also be your reference person in case you need something from the organization.
– Pets: under no circumstances may you attend the volunteer or the festival with pets, this will immediately terminate the volunteer agreement and will be grounds for loss of reimbursement. Only duly certified guide dogs or emotional support animals may access the site (including the camping area).
– Loss of the right to get the ticket: you will not be given access to the festival, in the following cases:
- Lack of punctuality in the assigned tasks.
- Not show up for assigned tasks.
- Not reach the minimum of 7 work days.
- Present yourself under the influence of any drug that may prevent you from doing your homework correctly and / or is a danger to yourself or others.
- Bad behavior or violent attitude towards colleagues or any other member of the organization.
- Bringing any pet to the festival
If you have any questions, email to [email protected]