It is a pleasure to have people like you motivated to give life to the Own Spirit Festival through your voluntary collaboration. Contribute your granite during the event, helps us to provide and offer quality to our audience. In addition, you can enjoy your free time at the festival while you know it from within.
You must take into account the harsh working conditions that occur due to the high temperatures of the summer season, the conditioning of the natural environment in which we find ourselves and the physical requirement of some of the activities. It is important to prepare physically and psychologically (sunscreen, hat to cover your head, rest, eat well, stay hydrated).
But the most important thing is to participate as a volunteer, to become an indispensable piece of this project that unites us with many people with the common goal of making Own Spirit Festival a reality.
You will meet people, have fun and have a transformative and rewarding experience full of learning.
Below we explain the conditions, requirements and procedures to apply as a volunteer during the festival.
Read all the information carefully and fill in the form at the bottom of the page!!.
If you have any questions, email to: [email protected]
The request can be made until May 31st, 2020 through the web form you have at the bottom of the page.
Once you have submitted the form to participate as a volunteer, you will receive an automatic response confirming that we have received your request. From here, you will have to wait for us to contact you. You will receive a response informing you if you have been selected and in which area you will be collaborating, before June 10th, 2020.
In the confirmation email you will receive the steps to follow to formalize your participation. The price of the ticket for volunteers is € 110 that you will have to pay as we indicated in the mail before June 20th, 2020.
In case of having obtained your ticket in any of the phases or through some promotion, it will be accepted as a valid ticket and the refund will be made based on the amount paid in that case. You must send us this ticket to formalize your participation.
In case of not paying the amount within the term, new applications will be accepted and you will lose the right to reserve. Spots will be filled in order of payment.
Once your participation is formalized, the person responsible for the area in which you will work will contact you to communicate how the operation of your volunteer will take place once the festival ends.
Once the payment has been made, the person responsible for the area in which you will work will contact you to communicate how your volunteer job will be during the festival.
If you fulfill the work assigned during the agreed period, you will be reimbursed the total amount once the festival is over. The procedure will be indicated below.
The main tasks will be the preparation of breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner for workers, artists and volunteers, and / or you will perform kitchen auxiliary tasks in the restaurants and tea shops of the festival, which implies that you will have to prepare and cook the food, keep the kitchen and the warehouse clean and organized, receive the suppliers and organize the products that arrive.
– Profile of the volunteer: with experience in cooking, delivered, proactive and with initiative.
– Disponibility: July 20th -27th, both included.
The main tasks to be carried out will be to serve drinks, fill the fridges, replenish material and load and unload the products that arrive.
– Profile of the volunteer: experience in bar, languages, and communication skills will be valued.It is essential to go appropriately dressed (shirt, comfortable shoes, etc.). Drinks are not allowed during the work shift.
– Disponibility: You must be one hour before the first assigned turn in the bar to receive a training. This training hour is not discounted from the work shift. From 20th to 27th of July.
The main tasks to be performed will be to address the public’s doubts that arise at the information point and inform the person responsible for any possible incidents that may occur.
– Profile of the volunteer: knowledge of languages, communication skills, proactive, decisive will be valued.
– Disponibility: From July 20th to 26th both complete included. Preferably from day 19th to 27th
The tasks will mainly be to put and cut bracelets.
– Profile of the volunteer: strength, ability to do mechanical work, agility.
– Disponibility: From the 19th (9 am) 26th (9 am) of July
The main tasks to be carried out will be the management of parking and camping area, helping people who arrive and leave in their vehicles and the distribution of space.
– Profile of the volunteer: Space vision, organizational skills, attention to the public and physical energy will be valued.
– Disponibility: from 20th at 9 am to 27th included
The main tasks will be public awareness of the measures to be taken to ensure a festival as sustainable as possible regarding waste management, among others.
– Profile volunteer: important to be committed, motivated and responsible. Communication skills, ecological awareness, and the desire to contribute to the sustainable project will be valued.
– Disponibility: from 20th at 9 am to 27 th included
As a volunteer you must attend people who are going through a difficult experience triggered by living a transformative festival such as Own Spirit, or also associated with the consumption of psychoactive substances, or other situations of emotional distress arising from a conflict. The volunteer must carry out an initial training of 4 hours apart from the 24 hours of collaboration agreed.
– Perfil del voluntario: preferably people with training and / or experience in the field of psychology, psychotherapy, the relationship of help and related areas (psychologists, psychotherapists, therapists, doctors, nurses, social workers, etc.) and as a priority those who have knowledge and / or experience in the field of expanded states of consciousness and psychedelics. Preferably with a minimum of personal work and self-knowledge (psychotherapy, meditation, alternative therapies, expanded states of consciousness…).
– Disponibilidad: July 21st-26th, both full included.
The main tasks to be performed during the festival are maintenance and supervision of the entire infrastructure of the festival (tensioners, stages, bathrooms, fountains, shadows, tents…) and logistics related to the production area.
– Perfil del voluntario: people with construction skills are sought. With a predisposition to work in a team, creative and proactive when it comes to covering maintenance needs at all times. Preferably with experience. People who want to learn and willingness to work hard, even if they do not have a specific experience in this area, are also welcome. There is a wide variety of tasks to perform, more or less qualified.
– Disponibilidad: July 20th-27th
It’s the point to recharge bracelets with money to make payments throughout the festival. Among the tasks of volunteers is money management, and customer service.
– Profile of the volunteer: responsibility is requested, and the mathematical and management capacity, communication skills, and capacity for multitasking will be prioritized.
– Disponibility: pending.
– Availability: each volunteer must work at the festival for at least 24 hours divided into several shifts to obtain a refund of the ticket fee. The hours per shift will depend on the area in which it collaborates. Normally there will be 4 6-hour shifts. Each area will also decide from what day to which day they will have to be at the festival and if there is a training or meeting prior to starting volunteering. As a general rule, availability will have to be available from one day before it begins until one day after the end of the event.
– Entrance to the festival: To obtain the entrance ticket to the festival, you will have to pay within the established deadlines, an amount of € 110. You can also provide proof of purchase of an entry for any phase. Once the payment receipt has been sent, the ticket will be sent to you.
– Signing of the contract: upon arrival at the festival, all volunteers must pass through the point of attention to the volunteers to sign the contract and confirm their arrival.
– Return of the ticket amount: To receive the refund of the ticket amount, you must have completed 24 hours of work in your area. We will mark on your bracelet every turn taken and at the end of the festival, we will verify that you have made all the shifts. The exact return procedure will be reported later.
– Meals: each volunteer will receive one meal per shift worked. The rest of the meals are paid by each volunteer.
– Accommodation: you must bring your own camping equipment (tent, bag, van, caravan…) throughout your stay.
-Displacement: The transport is paid by the volunteer and you must arrive by your own means.
– Volunteer work: There will be a responsible person in charge of informing you of your tasks and work schedules, as well as the general functioning during those days. If you cannot do any of the shifts, you must inform them. If you need something or have any suggestions, you can also contact this person.
– Pets: under no circumstances may you attend the volunteer or the festival with pets, this will immediately terminate the volunteer agreement and will be grounds for loss of reimbursement. Only duly certified guide dogs or emotional support animals may access the site (including the camping area).
– Loss of the right to refund the amount: The ticket will not be refunded, in the following cases:
- Delay when attending a shift.
- Do not attend any of the assigned shifts.
- Appear under the effect of a drug that may compromise the proper development of your task.
- Inappropriate or even violent behavior towards colleagues, public or any member of the organization.
- Bringing any pet to the festival
If you have any questions, email to: [email protected]