From Own Spirit Festival we love that there are people like you interested in being part of the montage team. It is a fundamental piece to give life to the festival.
You must take into account the harsh working conditions that occur during this time due to the high temperatures of the summer season, the conditioning of the natural environment in which we find ourselves and the physical requirement of the activities that take place during assembly. It is important to prepare well physically and psychologically (sunscreen, hat to cover your head, rest, eat well, stay hydrated, etc).
But above all, think that you are about to be part of a wonderful, unique and transformative experience. You will share the space with professionals, artists and skilled people in different disciplines, with a lot of talent and an open and psychedelic mentality. You can express yourself artistically in freedom and at the same time you will get a great learning through team co-creation for a common goal. There are many people who come to collaborate for a week and then decide to stay throughout the whole construction process, feeling part of the project and the large Own Spirit family.
Below we explain the conditions, requirements and procedures to apply as a volunteer or volunteer in the previous stage of assembly of the festival.
Read all the information carefully and fill in the form at the bottom of the page!
If you have any questions, email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ATTENTION! The disassembly is done in 5 days and therefore it will be necessary to complete the days of volunteering with two more days before the festival begins. If you cannot do those two days, contact the organization to find an alternative collaboration.
The request can be made through the web form that you have at the bottom of the page.
Once you have sent the form to participate as a volunteer, you will receive an automatic response confirming that we have received your request. From here, you will have to wait for us to contact you.
In the confirmation email you will receive the steps to follow to formalize your participation. The entrance fee for volunteers is €135, which you must pay as we indicate in the email.
In case of having obtained the ticket in any of the phases or through a promotion, it will be accepted as a valid ticket and the refund will be made based on the amount paid in that case. You must send us said entry in order to formalize your participation.
If you do not pay the amount before August 20, new requests will be accepted and you will lose the right to reserve. The places are occupied by order of payment.
Once your participation has been formalized, the person responsible for the area in which you will work will contact you to let you know how your volunteering will work, which will take place once the festival ends.
If you complete the assigned tasks and shifts, you will be fully refunded the price of the ticket paid in the coming weeks at the end of your volunteering.
We want you to understand that, by confirming your participation, we are counting on you in planning the work and we hope you take your commitment seriously. In case of not being able to fulfill it for any reason, notify us as soon as possible so that we can reorganize.
TYPES OF VOLUNTEERS
– Covid-19 security measures: compliance with all security measures established by health and government authorities will be mandatory. When this is not fulfilled, the volunteer agreement may be terminated and could be a reason for the loss of the refund, in case of having previously purchased a ticket.
– Cancellation due to Covid-19 or majeure force: in case of cancellation of the event due to the pandemic or any other situation external to the organization, the volunteer agreement will be canceled. If a ticket has been previously purchased, it will be valid for the next edition, either to participate as a volunteer or attend as a public. You can also request a refund of the amount during the two weeks after the official cancellation, which will be refundable from one month after the cancellation date. This will be applicable only if previously you have been officially accepted as a volunteer. It is not enough if you just have sent the application.
– Availability: In the form you must select the dates on which you want to collaborate, with a minimum of one week and maximum, during the entire construction period. If you cannot adjust exactly to the proposed dates, once selected, we can agree on a more personalized format.
– Entrance to the festival: as a volunteer or volunteer if you work for a minimum of 7 days in the previous stage of assembly, you will be entitled to the subscription that gives full access to the festival. If you want to collaborate for a longer time, you can do so by agreeing before the dates to which you commit. During the festival you will not have to work and you can enjoy the event. If you have previously purchased a ticket in any of the phases, you must inform the organization once your participation has been confirmed, in order to apply for the refund.
– Meals: if you complete the assigned tasks during the 7 days, you will have three meals a day. Otherwise, the organization will not be obliged to provide you with food. Access to meals is limited to the volunteering period, and once the work days are over you will have to procure your own food.
– Travel: From the festival we do not cover travel expenses for the arrival or departure of volunteers. You must find a way to get to the site, or to Alfarras (there are several local buses from Lleida every day except Sundays), where fixed volunteer collection schedules will be established. The return to Alfarras will only be facilitated, in case the previous work ends days before the festival begins. If you leave once the event ends, you must find a way to do it on your own.
– Accommodation: You must bring your own camping equipment (tent, bag, van, caravan…) throughout your stay.
– Volunteer work: there will be a responsible person in charge of informing you of your tasks and work schedules, as well as the general functioning during those days. If you cannot do any of the shifts, you must inform them. It will also be your reference person in case you need something from the organization.
– Pets: under no circumstances may you attend the volunteer or the festival with pets, this will immediately terminate the volunteer agreement and will be grounds for loss of reimbursement. Only duly certified guide dogs or emotional support animals may access the site (including the camping area).
– Loss of the right to get the ticket: you will not be given access to the festival, in the following cases:
Lack of punctuality in the assigned tasks.
- Not show up for assigned tasks.
- Not reach the minimum of 7 work days.
- Present yourself under the influence of any drug that may prevent you from doing your homework correctly and / or is a danger to yourself or others.
- Bad behavior or violent attitude towards colleagues or any other member of the organization.
- Bringing any pet or animal to the festival